Reclining vs. Stationary Seating
When it comes to designing a room, your choices may seem unending ̶ especially when looking at reclining and stationary seating. Having a copious amount of choices can be overwhelming. Let us help you understand the differences between reclining and stationary seating. Both options have advantages and disadvantages that could sway a buyer one way over another. So, lets break it down to help you make a well-informed choice.
- Reclining options give you the flexibility to sit upright or recline. If you are a nap lover, reclining pieces are your best friend!
- Many consumers say they are generally more comfortable with ample support both upright and reclining.
- Reclining can reduce back pain and provide lumbar support.
- Reclining promotes relaxation, therefore relieving stress.
- Reclining furniture tends to be more expensive because they are more labor-intensive to build.
- There is a potential for more service issues because there is movement so more can go wrong.
- Reclining options tend to have less fabric choices because most people do not use them as accent pieces.
- If you are particular about the look of your furniture, understand that reclining furniture backs will most-likely not align perfectly 100% of the time.
- Stationary seating is often less expensive than recliners.
- Stationary furniture has less service issues than reclining.
- Stationary pieces offer a multitude of options with style, fabric, color, size, etc.
- Many consumers use stationary chairs as accent pieces in their living spaces and/or bedrooms which can make the design of the room pop.
- Stationary furniture comes with toss pillows which can provide even more comfort, design and flexibility in a room.
- Adding an ottoman can provide you with the relaxation part (and sometimes storage!) that potentially lacks in a non-reclining piece.
- Upright seating position is the only option available in stationary furniture.
- Without the ability to recline, you may miss the full relaxation that comes with a reclining option.
Let Us Help You Choose!
Whether you are looking for reclining or stationary seating, we have got you covered. We would love to help you shop for the perfect option for your room and lifestyle. We have many different styles and possibilities for you to choose from. Our expert team can provide you with all of the details needed to make the best choice for your budget and lifestyle. Contact us today!